not my kind of horror ~ at the altars of the unknown
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
at the altars of the unknown
genre: horror story collection
My 💭:
[7/1/26 12.12 PM]
Recently, I have been reading a lot of horror fiction. And when I saw that rupa publication has released this amazing collection of historical horror stories by some eminent authors of this world, I couldn't resist and got my hands on the book. 🤓
If you enjoy Edgar Allan Poe and Mary Shelley's works of horror and supernatural fiction, then you'd definitely enjoy all the stories. In each story, there are certain things left for imagination, things that are grotesque and hellish. Nothing is too intricately described, so faint hearted readers, this book is safe for you too 😂. Nothing too dark.
I enjoyed a couple of stories from the book, but most of them failed to leave an impression on me as the writing felt too hazy and convoluted too me, nothing written simply. The last story, The Great God Pan was the only story that had me hooked from start to end. Yes, this was true horror, the kind I enjoy and perfect for my palette. Another story I enjoyed was Rudyard Kipling's The Mark Of The Beast - it had the perfect balance of human emotions and horror.
In all the thirteen stories, horror is depicted as something and anything supernatural - be it demons or gods. And there's a common lesson in all the stories, that this unknown supernatural world is not for the human eyes and that they have been hidden from our sight as a good measure. But I wonder, how my reaction will be if I ever come across such entity. 🤔☕
19th century literature
fictionandme
gods
horror fiction
life and death
monsters
short stories collection
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments
Post a Comment