Fantasy reimagined ~ dawn of the firebird
dawn of the firebird by sarah mughal rana
genre: fantasy
My 💭:
[18/1/26 10.14 PM]
I do not know what happened to my soul while reading this book but I loved reading fantasy again - the genre that got me into reading in the first place as a child. Thank you so so so much publishers for bringing this book to my life and author for creating the words that made this book an unforgettable experience for me 🤎✨
What an AMAAAAAZING world building this book has omggg! Seriously, fantasy readers, make haste and get your hands on this book NOW. After being a voracious fantasy reader for so many years, trust me, the fantasy worlds of recent fiction kept repeating the same sort of plotline - it was kinda becoming dull to me. But this storyline with its jinns and heavenly light (nur) and black magic and most importantly, the perseverance and survival of a girl born in a world that despises her from the beginning, but will move heaven and hell to prove her worth to her clan - it got me so hooked that I remained offline this whole Sunday evening and binge read this book, like it holds all the answers to my life's problems.
When Khamilla kept trying to keep her oath for the very people that keep trying to hurt her, I did not feel anger or impatience at her. An year ago I might have, but now, I understand. Acceptance is a powerful NEED for a soul's survival and trust me - there's a powerful lesson regarding this at the end of the story via a twist that gave me goosebumps. So over and over I see Khamilla get burnt and burnt, still she kept her word, until the Truth was revealed to her on its own which made her question everything and finally understand the situation from a correct perspective. This made me learn that acceptance matters, but not from others if costs you hurt and tears. Such acceptance is worse than being alone in this whole wide world.
I absolutely loved Khamilla's story, her grit and perseverance in the face of anything against all odds. And unexpectedly, her training with the pazktab children actually roused my maternal feelings, like wtf 😂. They were so so funny! The way they kept calling her "Master" when she was trying so hard not to be embarassed by them, lol 😂. Not just them, all the side characters of this book have such depth in them that the unfolding events left more and more emotionally affected. And finally, the Sepahbad, I'm not gonna lie but he is giving me The Darkling vibes. I soooo want to know his story.
The ending was...WHOA! No offense to Khamilla but I want more of No-Name 🫣. And I absolutely cannot wait to find out what happens next to their world. And of course, the pazktab children 😁.
Q - how do you feel about your solitude moments?
Comments
Post a Comment